Monday, June 20, 2011

Finding my Groove...

So after a crazy and overwhelming week this last week did not start out a whole lot better. In short my Great-Aunt died, she was 97, and the sister to my Grandmother who just celebrated her 99th birthday.  So yeah, kind of a bummer.  Both of her siblings are gone now, I just hope she is in no hurry to join them. I would really like to celebrate her 100th birthday with her next summer.  Anyway, my brother did not get the job he was hoping for.  Another bummer.  I wish I had some kind of great connection or a string I could pull for him....Then my poor kids were crazy monsters all week due to the fact that they were out of school and feeling cooped up for the last couple of weeks. Between my work schedule, my husbands schedule, my kids,  and doing all the training walks I am just trying to figure out how to balance life.  So overall kind of a tough week mentally again.  

Me posing for the camera
before tackling another hill.
But now onto the good stuff... My Mother-In-Law finished radiation treatment! YEAH! Now we just pray that breast cancer (or any cancer) never comes back! And more good news...I have sort of managed to find some type of groove.  Somehow my schedule and my family's schedule is working. The kids started camp this week so they are a little more like monkeys and less like crazy monsters.  My husband has been faithfully doing the walks with me. It has been really great to get out spend time,walk with him, and just talk and clear our minds.  We are pushing the kids in strollers. Not always the favorite past time of my 5 year old, but she manages. Us on the other hand, well our shoulders and backs end up a little sore. Along with our calves, thighs, and our butts... I guess you could say that we are literally walking our butts off to find a cure for breast cancer. But hey, my feet still feel great in my awesome shoes and I am ready to tackle this week's 14 miles! :o) 




                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment