Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Training has Officially Started!

Alright, so I didn't get around to writing about Saturday's kick off training walk. Oh well. Here is what you have eagerly been checking my blog for...  :o)  By the way, sad but true side note, I have no pink in my wardrobe! Anyway, Kick-off started at 7am that morning. I was not exactly as bright eyed and bushy tailed as I would have liked to have been.  It was a little intimidating not really knowing anyone there.  I do have a little shy bone in my body that sneaks up on me every once in a while.  But I did see a few familiar faces. Mostly people I had met at the shoe clinic or the Susan G. Komen Ambassadors that spoke at the Get Started meeting I attended back in March.  So first there was a very short little speech from the kick off coordinators and our local weatherman Matt Baylow.  Funny to see him in a pastel pink sweatshirt minus all of his on camera make-up. :o) We all made him promise us that the 3-Day weekend would be nothing but sunshine and comfortable walking weather. (Last year's event was a soggy, rainy mess!)  Then a brief talk from our walk leader and off we went down the beautiful coast line of San Diego.
Listening to the training walk leader give his safety spiel before heading out.
It was funny to see a line of mostly pink and black walkers. There were about 30 of us! Lots of people honked their horns and were happy to see us out there beating breast cancer!   I ended up chatting with another first time 3-Dayer. She was so nice. :o) We were both certainly glad to have someone to talk to!

So how did I feel at the end of 3 miles? And of course how did my shoes work out? Great! The shoes were fantastic! My body the next day...not so much. I was actually sore. My poor shins hurt and so did my shoulder. :( Lesson learned... stretch more! Before and after! And don't carry a water bottle in my hands! Use a pack of some kind! Overall a great day and a great way to start training for the 3-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment