Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time keeps on tickin....

So Wow! Where on Earth did the month of May go? How can it already be June? 170 days until the big walk. How much training have I done so far? A big fat zero! My pretty shoes- still sitting in the box along with the new socks still in their wrappers. :( Ok, so what is my lame excuse? Well May was just a super busy month! Not to mention,  I have been sick, and so has my husband and my poor kids too. We are all finally feeling better and it sure is a good thing too! This Saturday is the official 24 week training kick off! I will finally do my first little 3 miler! Yeah! I am actually really looking forward to it. It will be nice to FINALLY give my shoes a test walk. Not to mention get out there and meet some other 3-day walkers! I'll try to get my butt in gear and write about the event later that evening. I am sure you will want to know all about how I survived 3 miles in my exciting shoes. :o)

Well in other news.... May has turned out to be a relatively productive month.  I finally met one of my other teammates. Well, more like I re-met her. She is great and will be a lot of fun to walk with.  Our team is the BC Bandits, so we are starting to think of costume ideas and tent decorations too.  I am sure we will come up with something fantastic and of course pink!
  
On the fundraising front, I have some how managed to raise $588! That puts me at 26% of my goal. Still a long way to go but a great start! I  have a lot of unanswered donation letters out there so we will see what happens.  I have scheduled a date for my first fundraiser too.  I am going to host a Stella & Dot  party in July!  Once I get the details squared away I will be sure to post the link here and of course on the Susan G. Komen 3-day message boards.  They have very cute jewelry which sells itself! Should be fun. Now the question is do I have it at home or try and do it out somewhere around town?  I have a month to figure it all out thank God! I am sure it will be a great event!  It would be nice to hurry up and meet my fundraising goals. I would LOVE a chance to just focus on training!
  
So to end on a very personal note- my Mother-in-Law is responding very well to her radiation treatments. She is over half way done! Tiredness is settling in a bit, but she certainly has high spirits and a great outlook on life! Let's hope this is it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment